INGREDIENTS 2.5 cups of organic chickpeas no salt added, rinsed and strained (from a can) 1/2 cup white onion chopped 1/2 cup oat flour (gluten-free or all purpose should work too, see notes**) 1/4 cup chopped scallions 1 tablespoon extra virgin avocado oil (I used Primal Kitchen) + more for frying 1 teaspoon cumin Optional parings: pita bread, greens, hummus, etc. DIRECTIONS First add all ingredients to food processor Pulse/blend until completely combined, it should form dough of sorts Place the falafel dough in fridge for 30-60 minutes, I left mine in the food processor container but feel free to use what you prefer After the falafel dough cools, begin forming them into small patties using your hand (about 1.5-2 tablespoons or so) Heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat with avocado oil so entire pan is coated with a thin layer Gently place the falafels onto the pan (I did this in two batches due to size of my pan) Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cri...
Comments
Post a Comment